Germany has always been somewhat a place where I wanted to explore the culture and the language.
This year I have made it one of my goals to finally pay my first visit to this beautiful country, but where to go?
With big and wonderful Historical cities like Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Hamburg it was not an easy choice, as if I could I would go everywhere. Since being a climber and mountain lover, Münich seemed like a perfect spot. A good size city, with BMW headquarters and tallest mountain in Germany (Zugspitze at 2,962m.a.s.l) just around the corner this was definitely the perfect choice.
Since I decided to do my own backpack trip I have not limited myself to what I can do, and let the money be my limit since there would be no one to change my plans around.
Activities I have planned on for 10 days trip:
- Visit BMW Museum and BMW Welt
- Check out Neuschwanstein Castle
- Travel to Oberammergau and hike to Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Getting to the top of Zugspitze by cable cart
- Skiing lesson in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Bouldering at Boulderwelt München Os
Other Activities that I squeezes in:
- Site see Münich
- Visit Olympiarum- The Olympic tower
- Do a lot of walking and hiking around Garmisch-Partenkirchen mountains
- Walk around English Gardens park in Münich
- Beside having loads free breakfasts I have managed to get into 2 awesome vegan restaurants.
I will expand on my experience in Germany in later posts but overall this was an amazing journey and the people were so helpful and friendly, I will definitely be going back at some point in life.
P.s. Top of Zugspitze absolutely took my breath away. No picture can explain the beauty and the extent of the Alps. Absolute a must see if you love mountains and have not seen Alps yet.